Reporting Identity Theft

If you think one of your Hiway accounts has been compromised, contact us immediately at 651.291.1515 or 800.899.5626. For all other compromised accounts, you'll want to contact the organization directly as soon as you suspect it has been compromised.

Additionally, to prevent this from happening again, take the following steps:

  • File your complaint at, and then visit the FTC's Identity Theft Web site at to learn how to minimize your risk of damage from ID theft.
  • File a report about your identity theft with local law enforcement.
  • Complete the Identity Theft Affidavit and send it to any companies where a new account has been opened in your name. Use of this affidavit is optional for companies, so contact each company to find out if they accept it beforehand.
  • Call any one of the three major consumer reporting companies and place a 'fraud alert' on your credit reports. This will alert creditors to call for your approval if they receive applications to open new accounts.

    Equifax -
    • To report fraud, call: 800.525.6285 and write: P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
    • To order your credit report, call: 800.685.1111 or write: P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241

    Experion -
    • To report fraud, call: 888.397.3742 and write: P.O. Box 9530, Allen TX 75013
    • To order your credit report, call: 888.397.3742 or write: P.O. Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013

    TransUnion -
    • To report fraud, call: 800.680.7289 and write: Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92634
    • To order your credit report, call: 800.888.4213 or write: P.O. Box 1000, Chester, PA 19022
  • If your driver's license or other government identification was stolen, contact the issuers of the documents and cancel the previous documents and request replacements.

Identity Theft Resources