Switch to Hiway in four easy steps:

Just complete and print the forms provided below. Once you have completed the forms, simply mail or fax them to the appropriate companies/vendors.

1. Open your new Hiway checking account

Visit our membership page to learn how to apply online or by mail.

2. Switch your direct deposits

Complete and print a Direct Deposit Change Notice (PDF) and give it to your Human Resources department to notify them of your new account information.

3. Switch your automatic payments and debts

Complete and print an Automatic Payment Change Notice (PDF) for each company/vendor that is currently taking a payment out of your checking account. Send the printed form to the appropriate company/vendor to notify them of your new account information.

4. Close your old accounts

Once all outstanding checks and automatic withdrawals have cleared and you are sure that the old accounts are inactive, you can transfer the balance of your account. Just complete and print this Checking Closure Notice (PDF) and send it to your previous financial institution. Then destroy any remaining old checks, ATM/debit cards and deposit slips.


For more information, contact us today. We're happy to help.